a Hyatt spa here or there...

Booking into a spa hotel or spa resort that is a global brand you can expect the ethos, intent and spa product being offered to be consistent, after all that is why loyalty prevails.  

The Barai within our Collection offers only eight exclusive residential spa suites, is a part of and located adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, Thailand.  Unable to retreat to Thailand at this point in time, my mind pondered the options of a spa hotel or day spa in Melbourne that would suit my needs.  Knowing The Barai’s emphasis on water treatments and facilities and the quality spa products they use, my attention quickly diverted to the Park Hyatt which is home to the Park Club Health & Day Spa.

Perfect!  The Park Club Health & Day Spa provided a steam room, sauna, jaccuzi and pool for me to restore and rejuvenate.  Dedicating time to the warmth of steam and a sauna is a must for me before a treatment and the pool allows for a few laps to stretch my limbs. Beyond the facials, body treatments, massages and beauty treatments for men and women within the spa menu, there's also wellness retreats, which equates to a ‘signature treatment’.   Wanting a bit of everything, I booked a Peace wellness retreat encompassing a calming massage, revitalising facial and scalp massage.

My day started in bit of a flurry as I had an hour and half drive and the weather was horrendous. Thank goodness for complimentary valet parking, to simply arrive and hand over the car makes life easy. Within minutes, I was in the infamous white cozy robe and sipping a cup of warm ginger and lemongrass tea.  Perfect – by now I’ve forgotten the outside world.   Uki, my therapist was amazing, asking after areas that I wanted attention given to and questioning my comfort throughout. Having only a thirty minute massage was not going to treat a full body, but I know if it was I would have been snoring.   

Time from my scalp massage was taken and given to pressing and kneading my glutes (bum muscles), whilst working through my tension and pain, Uki advised this is a common area that needs attention for people who sit at a desk working for a long period of time. Oh the joys!  Whether a sixty minute plus or express facial, Kerstin Florian the exclusive spa-only brand that is developed using natural ingredients and is free from heavy preservative and perfumes is used at both the Park Club Health & Day Spa and The Barai.  Uki offered more advice suggesting I apply vitamin c+ serum under my moisturiser on my face at night to assist with fine lines; I thanked her for the advice and the sample, but eagerly purchased the Rehydrating Neroli Water at the account on my departure.  I love having a hydrating mist in my bag.  The serum maybe next times purchase. 

I was out the door and off to a lunch meeting feeling blissfully relaxed. 
Park Health Club & Day Spa

bliss massage

bathe with these beauties - keep swimming to the end...
The Barai suite batheing
For all Spa Wellness Travel advice and reservations contact:  T: 03-5254 1411

Now, we encourage you take a little time our for yourself.  During November there's TWO OFFERS for you to experience the wonderful therapists, spa products and treatments at the Park Hyatt Melbourne.

1st - Unwind with the Pure Indulgence package - 60min Turkish Salt Scrub, 30min Relaxation Massage, 75min Advance Facial + 30min lunch. Mon-Sat cost $369 and you'll be gifted with an Eucalyptus/Wildflower Bath Soak to take home (valued $65).

2nd - Book any 1hr treatment and receive a complimentary foot or scalp massage (valued $49). Remember to mention Spa Wellness Travel. 
Contact the Park Club Health & Day Spa on 03-9224 1222. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you ever tried this?